FROM FALLON SOLUTIONS
Regular maintenance of your hot water system is essential for having a constant and reliable supply of hot water. It is important to regularly test the hot water system valves as they are designed to prevent injury or damage to the system caused by blocked lines, over-pressurising, and overheating.
What does each valve on your hot water system do?
- Stops water from returning through to the cold-water line.
- Limits the pressure of the water coming into the tank.
- Used to isolate the water supply if it needs to be turned off for the house or hot water unit for any reason.
Cold water expansion valve
- Relieves water from the tank as it heats up via the drain line.
Temperature/pressure relief valve
- Is a safety feature that releases water out of the tank when it reaches 99C if the thermostat were to fail to stop the tank from overheating and exploding.
- The tempering valve mixes the water coming from the tank at above 60C with cold water to a safer delivery temperature of 50C or lower to prevent scalds.
For more information and video instructions on how to test the pressure relief valves head to www.fallonsolutions.com.au.
If you have any issues or worries, be sure to contact a licensed plumber for assistance. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your hot water system.
To ensure any problems with your hot water system can be identified and fixed fast, Fallon Solutions offers a comprehensive Hot Water System Check for only $99. Just call 07 3029 3297 today!