Here’s the ultimate easy summer salad, versatile as a side or a main meal. it’s a perfectly delicious addition to a colourful Christmas buffet! Using store-bought ravioli makes this quick and easy to throw together, and it keeps well in the fridge, so you can make it ahead of time.
- 1 packet of spinach and ricotta ravioli or tortellini
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ¾ cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of freshly picked basil leaves
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- Extra basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°c.
- Line a flat tray with baking paper, scatter the tomatoes on the tray, drizzle with oil, and cook for 20 minutes or until wilted and soft. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a small non-stick pan to medium heat, and toss the pine nuts in the pan. Keep them moving so they don’t burn, and once they’re a lovely brown colour, remove them from the pan and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, blitz the basil and baby spinach leaves, parmesan cheese, garlic and pine nuts until combined.
- Pour in the olive oil slowly, then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the ravioli or tortellini as per the packet instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Once the ravioli are cool, gently stir the pesto through the ravioli, then stir through the cherry tomatoes.
- To serve, garnish with extra basil leaves.