Here’s a quick and easy fish recipe that adds extra crunch and flavour to your catch of the day. Serves 4.
- 4 firm pieces of fish – Barramundi is excellent for this
- 1 cup of your favourite mixed nuts (e.g. almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamias, or use just one nut variety), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Chopped fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C, then line a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the mixed nuts, breadcrumbs, and parsley in a bowl, then season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Now coat the fish. Start by patting the fish dry with a paper towel, then brush each fillet with a layer of Dijon mustard on the top. This is important as it helps the nut mixture stick to the fish.
- Press the nut, parsley and breadcrumb mixture onto the mustard-coated side of each fish fillet to create an even layer of nuts.
- Drizzle honey (or maple syrup) and olive oil over the fish. The olive oil will help to create a crusty crust!
- Place the fish on the baking tray, nut-crust side up and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with lemon wedges, and garnish with whatever herbs you have on hand – dill works well with this recipe.