Too hot to cook? Here’s a low fuss, no-cook breakfast recipe that’s perfect for sunny summer mornings.
INGREDIENTS (one serve)
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup milk – whole, skim or nut milk – whatever you love
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt (coconut yoghurt also tastes great)
- Half a small banana, sliced
- Half a small mango, diced
- Dried coconut pieces to serve
- In a mason jar or a glass, combine the chia seeds and the oats.
- Add the milk, then stir the oats and chia seed mixture through.
- Add a layer of banana slices, followed by the yoghurt, then add the chopped mango.
- Cover the jar/glass with its lid or cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with dried coconut slices.
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, stir a dash of maple syrup or honey into the milk, and swap out the Greek yoghurt for a flavoured sweeter version. You can also make mini serves of overnight oats in small vases or shot glasses to add to a breakfast buffet.