BY SPERO KARTANOS
This is one of the easiest dishes and one of the best tasting ones you are ever going to have, and I think it’s so easy anyone can make it. You’ll need fresh squid – cleaned, guts out and head and beak removed, and leave the rest as is with skin on, wings/flaps on and leave the tentacles on.
- A couple of squid
- ½ cup of white flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- OIive oil – enough to fill your frypan 1cm deep
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped finely
- A few sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- Crusty bread for dunking
- In a plastic bag put in all your cut pieces of squid and tentacles, add half a cup of flour and shake make sure all the squid is lightly covered in flour.
- Heat up a 1cm deep of good virgin olive oil in a large pan, put in all your squid and cook for a few minutes until the colour changes and the skin browns up a little.
- Stir in your garlic and parsley and chilli, add the salt and pepper, and cook for another few minutes, then squeeze some lemon over it.
- Put pan in the middle of the table and start eating, and of course some chunks of bread to dunk in that garlic chilli infused oil…it’s yummy! And remember, it’s better underdone then overdone.