FROM THE ROTARY CLUB OF WYNNUM MANLY’S ISOLATION: KITCHEN DESTINATION COOKBOOK
CONTRIBUTOR: TRACEY WYATT
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1kg diced lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon Juice
- 1 x 425g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 .5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 2 cups couscous
- Lemon wedges and herbs to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan and add lamb, and garlic in batches; cook, stirring until well browned.
- Add undrained chopped tomatoes, spices, juice, chickpeas, and 1⁄2 cup of the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 20 minutes, or until lamb is tender. Stir in coriander (though I never use this!).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining stock in a separate saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in couscous. Cover and stand for 10 minutes, fluffing with a fork occasionally.
- Serve lamb with couscous, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs.