Smokin’ Manly restaurant The Arsonist is famous for its wood-fired dishes and innovative flavours. Here’s the restaurant’s popular recipe for baked scallops, perfect as an entrée or as part of a tapas selection.
- 1 dozen of the best scallops in their half shells
- 1 tablespoon of gochujang*
- A pinch of Murray River pink salt
- A small pinch of cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you like it, more pepper=more heat)
- 100g of unsalted butter, softened
- Chopped parsley to serve
- Whip the butter, gochujang, pinch of salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon the butter mixture on top of the scallops.
- Cook on a BBQ, or bake in an oven at 200 degrees celsius until butter is melted and the scallop is gently cooked through. This should take approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
*Gochujang is a spicy yet sweet paste made from glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, red chilli pepper and salt. You’ll find it at most supermarkets.