Councillor for Wynnum Manly Ward
I am delighted to address you as the newly appointed Councillor for Wynnum Manly.
There are 26 wards in Brisbane and we all know that Wynnum Manly is the best one! Since assuming this role, I have had the privilege of meeting so many dedicated and passionate community organisations and residents. I am both honoured and humbled to be representing you all.
I’m aware I have some big shoes to fill, following Peter Cumming and his 29 years of service. Like former Cr Cumming, my door is always open.
With the Lord Mayor delivering his 2023-24 Budget this month, I’ve hit the ground running. A lot of what’s in the budget is future planning costs and not necessarily works delivered this financial year. Details are still coming through and I will continue to keep you updated as I learn more.
Council Budget for Wynnum Manly Ward
I’m pleased to announce that the Wynnum Manly Community Fund grant program will receive an extra $2000 per year, which means more grants for our wonderful community groups.
Unfortunately, the Lord Mayor has locked in another rate rise for Brisbane residents. Rates will increase in every single suburb in our community:
MANLY WEST 6.41%
WYNNUM WEST 6.73%
Some major items of interest are as follows:
Safer Paths to School
for Wynnum State High School, $36 000.
Major Traffic Improvements
- Bay Terrace and Chestnut Street, Wynnum – $253 000
- Cambridge Parade, Melville Terrace and Arnold Street, Manly – $903 000 (investigation works only)
Roads Network Resurfacing
- Kianawah Road, Wynnum West – $259 000
- Lorelei Street, Manly West – $71 000
- Malabar Street, Wynnum West – $327 000
- Preston Road, Wynnum – $1 180 000
- Stradbroke Aveune, Wynnum – $461 000
- Tingal Road, Wynnum – $166 000
- Haylock Street, Wynnum – $243 000
- Prospect Street, Wynnum – $281 000
Sea and River Walls Rehabilitation
- Wynnum Manly Seawall (stage 1) – $146 000
Major Waterways Vegetation Management
- Wynnum Creek – $11 000
Footpath and Bikeway Reconstruction
- Wynnum Esplanade – $89 000
The following items are rolled over from last year’s Budget:
Community and Sport Partnership Program
- Wynnum Vikings – $124 000
Upgrading Facilities in Parks
- Bayside Park, Manly – $366 000
Wynnum Manly Ward Office
3a/212 Bay Terrace (Cnr of Pine Street) Wynnum Qld 4178
Office hours: 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday
Phone: 07 3403 2180
Email: [email protected]