ROSS VASTA MP FEDERAL MEMBER FOR BONNER
LINDUM: GET THE FACTS
The vital safety upgrade of Lindum Level Crossing is going ahead with all three levels of government working together to deliver this project. I would particularly like to thank my state colleague, Joan Pease MP State Member for Lytton, Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner and Cr Lisa Atwood of Doboy Ward for working with me to help get locals home sooner and safer.
Due to the Federal Labor Government’s 90 Day (200 Day) Infrastructure Review, major works have been delayed.
Here are the facts:
- I secured $85 million in Federal Funding for the Lindum Level Crossing safety upgrade.
- Joan Pease MP and Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner and Cr Lisa Atwood have also secured and contributed State Government and Brisbane City Council funding to the upgrade.
- Last year, infrastructure projects across Australia (including Lindum Level Crossing Safety Upgrade) were delayed under the Federal Labor Government’s 90 Day Infrastructure Review’ (which turned into 200 days).
- The Brisbane City Council could not award a construction contract whilst the Federal Labor Government was reviewing this project.
- Fighting for our community, I was able to retain the $85 million in Federal Government Funding for Lindum Level Crossing.
- I have been advised by the Lord Mayor’s Office that works will be resuming in March.
So, what’s next? …
Now that Federal Infrastructure Review has been completed, and Federal Funding again secured, the Brisbane City Council can get on with the job and award a construction contract.
If you have any comments or ideas about the design of Lindum Level Crossing safety upgrade, please reach out to the Brisbane City Council team on [email protected] or 1800 669 416.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on
[email protected] or by calling my office on (07) 3893 3488.
Thank you for taking the time to read the facts about Lindum Level Crossing Safety Upgrade.
69 Clara Street, Wynnum QLD 4178
Telephone: 07 3893 3488
Email: [email protected]